This place could use some work! (Contact me if you know how make this trash blog not look like trash)

Friday, February 9, 2018

Tweets from the Past

I've been going through my old tweets a lot recently—mostly to delete stupid political ones mostly—and it's been pretty fun. I've come across a lot of old gems of wisdom and neat snapshots into the past couple of years. Here are two of them:
These tweets from July in 2016 are a interesting to look back on now, not just because of my fond memories of that crazy summer, but also because I still often think about how it's easy to lose yourself in the details of a game or activity and miss the bigger picture. Also I reference the creation of the bombass 100 subs video.
 
This one's a bit more edgy. Or, at least where I live, it veers far enough from the dogmatic acceptable stance on the current president that I felt it necessary to delete these tweets now, lest they should be used against me in the future. I tweeted this in October of 2016, a solid month before the election, at a time where the current president's chances of winning were regarded by most prognosticators with any real authority to be remote at best. And yet, what I tweeted here turned out to be absolutely correct, which I think is pretty impressive. I posited that we might see a Brexit-style surprise turnout, and you know... that's exactly what happened (that link's just an ironic 4chan election night video).


Pokemon Go and politics were hot topics in the summer and fall of 2016. It was a crazy time!

So what about you? Do you have tweets you regret tweeting, or maybe even some like these that might have been good but you still shouldn't have tweeted? Do you even have a Twitter account? Well I do, and it's pretty neat. I tweet there all day long and recently I've even made a concerted effort to improve the quality and reduce the quantity of my tweets. It's a learning process, but heck, if you want to follow me I'm @sports_in_space on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment