This place could use some work! (Contact me if you know how make this trash blog not look like trash)

Monday, February 5, 2018

Psychic Photosynthesis

Sunlight at all times, please, thanks.

I've been feeling a distinct lack solar energy recently. Solution? Probably just need some more sun, but why don't we overthink it!

As I write this it's 12:41 a.m. on what is technically Monday, but whatever it's still Sunday night to me. I'm getting the same nostalgic yearning to sit out in the sun and listen to music or just be still that I've gotten every Sunday night for the past like five Sunday nights. Maybe it's a night anxiety thing, or maybe I really do need to get some more relaxing done in general, but either way it's been making me sad.

Maybe this is my body's way of telling me that I need more vitamin D or that I'm missing some other intrinsic physiological benefit that can only be gained by being in sunlight. It's definitely possible that I'm not getting enough of it, but I doubt that makes up the entirety of the issue. After all, I know what it feels like to just lie in the sunlight for a long time; it feels like a damn sunburn.

I don't think I'm dealing with a physiological need, at least not primarily; I'm dealing with a psychological need. That presents a whole host of other questions though, and to be honest, I've got no idea what's wrong with me at all. Where would I start in diagnosing how I am possibly unwell mentally? Would I go down a list of disorders and ponder which ones of them I might have and how each of them would manifest themselves in me? That'd take forever and be boring as all hell. Literally, all I know is that at night on the weekends I feel like I want to be in the sun again.

Tomorrow, after I'm all through with my classes, I think I'll find a nice place somewhere to sit and absorb some energy, both solar and psychic. If doing that a couple times this week doesn't right my mood or at least have a small effect, then I'll know that there's something else at work here. I'll post again this coming Sunday (the 10th) and let you know how I feel, since I know you care so much.

A moment ago it was 12:51. Thus, I'll leave you with this:


No comments:

Post a Comment